Mod Vintage Life
inspired room
Show and Tell
Powered by Blogger.
Centsational Girl
The Graphics Fairy

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Something I Loved...

Typically I'm not a let-me-share-this-quote-I-found kind of person. But on rare occasions, I find one that speaks to me. This one especially spoke to me in the Christmas season. 

You see, I tend to be a real neat freak. And the more I look at everyone's blogs with their catalog-worthy rooms and professional-looking crafts, I start to feel very inadequate. So I inevitably end up on a cleaning frenzy, trying to make my house look like a magazine (only to find anything I need is tucked away, which is quite inconvenient). 

I decorate and and agonize over the angle of each item until satisfied, take photos and then post them with pride. Not bad, right? Well, then I sit down and decide to catch up on some other people's blogs, mind you some of them are professional decorators, but while reading them, all I can think, is "Wow." And then I feel completely deflated because even after all that cleaning and hiding of things, my house still looks like a house. 

Ah-hah! This is where the quote comes into play. Not that I dismiss the amazing jobs all these women do, and if I could do it and make my house look like that, I totally would. However, this quote somewhat assuaged my feelings, and made me feel a bit better about being less than perfect.


❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆

"Clutter is the poetry of our homes. It is an intimate view that is not always perfect--a few dishes in the sink, books piled next to the bed. Everything in its place may give a certain satisfaction, but a lived-in room exudes comfort and warmth."

-Mary Randolph Carter
author of A Perfectly Kept House Is the Sign of a Misspent Life


❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆

1 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

I think a messy house means the people that live there have lots of things they like to do. Right now my whole dining room is torn up as I work on painting the furniture. I keep my living room tidy but my den....is so bad...I can't show it.

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates